How We Farm:
1. We DO NOT use chemical pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or fertilizers.
2. We rely primarily upon farm manures and compost to provide rich nutrients, increase organic matter, and sustain biological life in our soil.
3. We use cover crops, green manures, crop rotation, and little tillage to build soil structure, control weeds, and increase fertility.
4. We practice close monitoring of our fields to proactively deal with potential pest problems.
5. We use closed-loop systems to reduce farm waste and increase self-sufficiency with the use of farm animals.
We use over 75% Certified Organic Seed.
Our Favorite Seed Companies are:
Johnny's Selected Seeds
High Mowing Seeds
Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
Seed Savers Exchange
Vermont Valley Community Farm